French Toast

Saturday breakfast is special. Since I don't work during the weekends, I get to enjoy making breakfast without any rush. My kids and I can sleep late and we can cook whatever we feel like eating. This time we had leftover bread so I decided to make some french toast. Very simple and easy to make. Very easy to love and enjoy.




1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
pinch of salt
4 slices of bread
butter
blueberry-pie filling
syrup

In a bowl beat egg, add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt. Dip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly. Cook bread slices on lightly greased nonstick griddle or skillet on medium heat until browned on both sides.

This dish can be served with syrup, butter, blueberry pie filling, a dust of icing sugar, a sprinkle of brown sugar and fresh fruits. The choice is up to you. 

Best paired with milk, hot chocolate, Milo, coffee or tea.

Comments

Popular Posts