Banana Bread

I baked Banana Bread for the first time! I am excited because Banana Bread is one of my favorites! And knowing that I can easily whip up one whenever I crave for it makes me happy. I like it moist and flavorful. My kids, my helper - Ate Rose and I decided to bake this bread just this Black Saturday, so we can bring it to our Easter Sunday potluck at my parent's home. We had loads of fun baking it- with Claire and Ivan fighting over helping me cream the butter, grease the pan and lick the spoon. Quite amusing but annoying at times! It's a good thing I decided to make 2 pans! We enjoyed working together. And hopefully my kids can bring this memory with them as they grow up. 



Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups mashed overripe bananas


1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 9x5 inch loaf pan

2 In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

3 Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Original Recipe from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20144/banana-banana-bread/

Comments

Popular Posts