Cream Cheese Marbled Brownies

We bought a new oven and I was itching to try my hands on baking. My Mom gave me a Recipe Book by Good Houskeeping 2 years ago.."Brownies! Favorite Recipes for Brownies, Blondies & Bar Cookies". Since this was my first time to bake brownies, I was browsing the book for an easy recipe to follow. I found the recipe for Easy Cheescake Brownies, which you can make with a box of brownie mix. So I looked for a good brownie mix at the Supermarket. I chanced upon White King Ultimate Fudge Brownie Mix Deluxe and when I checked the back of the box, there was a recipe for Cream Cheese Brownies! One of my Japanese students also mentioned that he baked Cream Cheese Brownies and even shared with me his recipe. So my heart was set. This was what I decided to bake. For those who were lucky enough to have received a box of brownies from me..I hope you loved it! Ivan surely did! ;)



Brownies

1 box White King Ultimate Fudge Brownie Mix 580g (you can use any brand)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water (The recipe on the box called for 1/4 cup, but it was too thick so I made it 1/2 cup)
2 medium-sized eggs


Cream Cheese Mixture

1 bar Cream Cheese (softened)
3 tbsp butter (softened)
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 medium sized egg
1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp vanilla extract


1 Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 9" x 10" baking pan with foil; grease foil

2 Prepare brownie mix (according to package directions if your not using the White King Brand) by combining the Brownie Mix, eggs, water, and oil in a bowl until well blended; set aside

3 In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the butter, sugar, egg, flour and vanilla extract. Continue mixing until smooth. Then set aside.

4 Spread half of the brownie batter onto prepared pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter. Spoon large dollops of the remaining brownie batter on top. With tip of a small knife, cut and twist through the mixture to create marbled effect.

5 Bake for 30-45 mins. or until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.  

6 Cool completely in pan on wire rack; chill for at least 2 hours.

7 Cut into bars. Makes 25-30 bars.


Ivan enjoying his cream cheese brownies with a glass of warm milk before bedtime!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts