Ginataang Mais with Langka

Going to the market last Holy Thursday, inspired us to cook this dish. My husband actually requested for it as we would spend the day at home for a much needed "staycation". I called my mother-in-law for the recipe, just so I could get it right the first time. It was a success! I shared some of it with Mama, Papa, my brother and sis-in-law...they all had 2 servings each. It was so good! I am sharing the recipe with you. :)



Ingredients:

1 1/2 kg White Corn, (lagkitan), shred corn kernel out of the cob
1 1/2 - 2 gatang Malagkit Rice, rinsed 
2 1/2 taza of White Sugar 
Coconut milk from 3 pcs large coconut:
- Kakang Gata (first extraction of coconut milk)
- Gata (second extraction of coconut milk)
*Just buy 3 large coconuts in the market and ask them to squeeze out the kakang gata and the gata. I had mine done at the market.
1/4 kg Langka (Jackfruit), shredded into strips
Water


In a big pot, pour the gata (second extraction) and add in the white corn kernels. As it begins to boil, add in the Malagkit Rice and some water. Stir continuously as it boils. Add water if the mixture becomes too thick. The consistency should be similar to that of Arroz Caldo. Continue stirring so it doesn't stick to the pot. Add in the sugar and langka strips.  Add in the kakang gata. Cook until the corn and malagkit are soft and tender. Adjust the amount of water to achieve desired consistency. You can also adjust the amount of sugar to desired sweetness.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts