Blueberry Cheescake (no-bake)

This was my first attempt to make a no-bake Blueberry Cheesecake. My kids always get excited whenever I bake because they get to lick the spoon, the bowls and they get to fight over who's going to put the sugar, to mix, to blend, etc.! Since I was trying so hard to follow the instructions, I got a bit distracted! But Claire was so nice to read the steps, the measurements and the ingredients to me. And I got to enjoy their constant chatter and sometimes bickering while baking. I'm just glad I get to spend time with them baking and making memories.

The outcome was very good taste-wise but I think I can still improve on its texture and firmness. I think I got the gelatin part wrong! For Claire, it was a success! For Ivan it was the best recipe he had ever tasted! For me, the experience was priceless!


Crust:
1 1/4 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/3 cup Anchor Butter
1 tsp Lemon rind
2 tbsps. Sugar

Filling:
1 package Magnolia Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp Lemon rind
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp. Unflavored gelatin dissolved in
3 tbsps. Magnolia Fresh Milk
1 cup All purpose cream, chilled
1 cup Blueberries pie filling in cab

Prepare the crust by combining the Graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, lemon rind, sugar and melted butter. Mix well until texture feels like wet sand. Press on a 9" pie plate or removable bottom pan. Chill.

For the filling, beat cream cheese, lemon rind, a pinch of salt and sugar until light and well blended. Set aside. Dissolve unflavored gelatin in milk over low heat then add to cream cheese, beat mixture to blend well. In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Then pour into the crust. Chill for 1 hour. Top with blueberries. Chill for 4-6 hours or overnight.

*I got the original recipe from the box of Magnolia Cream Cheese and tweaked it just a little. :)





Comments

Popular Posts