Banana Bread Muffins

This is the simplest and best-tasting banana bread I have ever made. This recipe was shared to me by my sister, Ate Mae-e. People always raved about her banana bread in the U.S. and I wanted so badly to have a taste but I can't just because I live all the way here in the Philippines and she in California. So I resorted to the next best thing, ask her for a copy of the recipe! I'm so glad she willingly shared it with me. Although I couldn't taste her banana bread, I could make it and it would taste the same, right? Well, one thing is for sure, they both taste amazing! I'm sure yours would too. So go ahead and whip-up some banana bread!




Ingredients

1 3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups sugar (sometimes 1 cup is enough)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
5 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
1/2 cup Canola oil
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Buttermilk
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Procedure:

1. Pre-heat the oven at 350F or 176C. Line your muffin pan with cup cake liners.

2. In a bowl, sift all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) and mix thoroughly using a whisk. This is to make sure you won't get clumps of baking soda in your banana bread once it's baked.

3. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients (sugar, banana, eggs, canola oil, buttermilk, and vanilla extract) and mix well.

4. Gently pour the wet ingredients on the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until well-combined. Then add in the chocolate chips. Try not to over mix. It is recommended to use a wooden spoon/spatula and mix by hand.

5. Scoop out 1/4 cup of the batter in each cupcake liner of your prepared muffin pan.

6. Bake in the oven at 350 F or 176 C. for 22 mins. or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in a wire rack and enjoy!

Note:
If you don't have buttermilk, just combine 1/4 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.

Comments

Popular Posts